Different day, different format. It’s about time for me to go plow through some more of A New Earth, and then get to sleep but here are some things that have been rolling around in my head today:
• Sometimes you can accomplish more by doing less (chaordic design makes more sense the more I learn about it and the older and, perhaps? wiser I get).
• Maybe this kundalini yoga thing works best when you need it most – for the first time today I was actually suddenly overcome with emotion (anger, actually, followed 15 minutes later by sadness).
• A burning platform is both a good thing and a bad thing.
• Looking forward to Camps Bay sunset on Wednesday.
• I’m running low on fish oil.
• Who knew it could take so long (30 minutes, and I’m not kidding) to get an ATM card? Good heavens….
• Occam’s Razor, and the most likely thing to happen is usually what does.
• Is caffeine actually a mood-enhancer, or is it just the additional blood to the brain? Along the same lines … the placebo effect is strong, even when you suspect that it might be in play.
• My friend was right Saturday (twice, and just in this part of the conversation): 1. I am letting other people affect my thinking too much, and 2. I should worry less about what other people think.
• Oh that image? The computer virus I defeated today. It infected one of the Purple Heart computers and I’ll be damned if it wasn’t a clever-ass thing – wouldn’t let you open things where you might be able to disable it (i.e. Regedit or Task Manager!). It even messed with the boot sequence to make it harder to load Windows in Safe Mode. Anyway totally not my job but once the thing impressed me with its sophistication I was determined to defeat it!
• Yes, I really am a nerd.
• Could I be happy working for a purely for-profit enterprise again?
• Which is more powerful, doubt or hope?
• I really miss milk.
• I really love this shirt that Laa-Laa sent me. If only I could wear it every day.
• Fresh date balls are quite possibly one of the best things ever. Of course, they are also almost pure sugar.
• There is a lot of wisdom in The Matrix.
• Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age; some of the wisest people I know are younger than I am and I sometimes think I am wiser than people much older (well, I guess there are just some older souls and some younger ones).
• Being able to turn off each outlet with a wall switch is actually a fantastic feature.
• My floor is very dusty (I was rolling around on the floor for a while … if you don’t know why you’re not in the cult and it really doesn’t matter). And I really need to get this shattered window fixed, so that I can clean and have it stay clean.
• I sure as hell hope Frank Lloyd Wright was right.
• Walking on water is dangerous. So is the ego.
It’s always darkest before the dawn